Wednesday, April 1, 2009

5th Year Wedding Anniversary


Crazy as it may be, today is Joe and I's 5th wedding anniversary! It's amazing how the time flies. I feel as each year goes by, it just gets better and better. I am a little sad that he is out of town this week for work, but whether we are together or apart, I feel our love grow each day. I love Joe so much and I feel so grateful to have him in my life. There is no one else I would rather have spent it with. I look forward to many more!! I love you Joe!!


I just wanted to share a poem that was recited during our wedding ceremony. We were encouraged to memorize it. However, either of us have, but I always remember it.


How Do I Love Thee?

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight

For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.

I love thee to the level of every day's

Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.

I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;

I love thee purely, as men turn from Praise.

I love thee with the passion put to use

In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose

With my lost saints,-I love thee with the breath,

Smiles, tears, of all my life!-and, if God choose,

I shall but love thee better after death.
(Elizabeth Barrett Browning)

7 comments:

kenna said...

Happy Anniversary!

I love the jumping pic, Josh and I have one too. Always a classic.

Jen said...

Congrats! Best wishes for many more!!!! Your wedding pictures were so beautiful!!!

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary!

Heidi Hartley said...

Congrats Joe and Amy. You guys are cute!

The Odd Couple said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember it because it was my first April Fools in Vegas...my mom went in lieu of myself. Congrats on five happy years. I can't believe its been so long!

Keith, Heather and Carsen said...

Happy Anniversary! Miss you guys! Glad all is going well.

Ashlee said...

I can't believe that you have been married for five years, that means we have known each other for almost four years! Doesn't that seem crazy? You guys are such a fun couple, we miss hanging out and laughing with you!