Thursday, June 26, 2008

Investment

The great thing about living in Logan is that everything is very close. Joe has been riding his bike around town every summer to work and school for the past few years and due to the rise in gas prices we purchased a new bike for me. It's been great so far! Joe and I have been able to ride our bikes to see movies and go to dinner. However, about a week ago I went on a bike ride with a friend and I could not keep up for the life of me! I just kept pedaling and pedaling and she was just coasting along. Needless to say, I was about worn out only 10-15 minutes into our bike ride. We finally traded bikes and she figured out that my front brakes were rubbing against my tire. So, basically my front tire was barely moving. We disabled the front brake and I was amazed at the difference! I felt a lot better about the ride once that was figured out. I'm not as big of a wimp as I thought! Anyways, I brought it home and my wonderful husband adjusted my brakes and now I can even keep up with him! It's been fun to get some exercise and enjoy the nice weather. So, if anyone wants to go for a bike ride I am game!

6 comments:

Tiffany Steele said...

Hey Guys....the bikes are a great idea....I'm jealous that you can ride all summer long...It is way to hot to do anything but swim here in FLORIDA. Hope all is well and we will talk soon.

Jen said...

Hi Amy!

I like your blog--I didn't know you had one. We must think alike, I guess, since we picked the same background!!! I'm glad you and Joe are enjoying the summer. Call us again for Mariokart...

Ashlee said...

I should ask for a bike for my b-day so that I can go for a bike ride with you, but I am such a whimp I probably wouldn't last 10 minutes!

Candice said...

Hey Amy!! How are you? I love blogging, I'm glad you are on! It's just fun to keep in touch and find new people on here! That's awesome Joe is graduating soon, it will be nice to be all done! I was thinking about you bc the Shakespeare Festival is going, and we live in Cedar, and I just remember you always going to it with your family. :) Hope you are well! Good to see ya on here!

Candice said...

It's me again! We've been in Cedar about a year and we're loving it! I have to post when I'm on here because it's so sporadic!! That's why I'm a stalker and commenting 2 times on one post! :)

Cory said...

That happened to me once. I couldn't keep up with Cory and figured I was just really out of shape. It was my front brakes too!